The Department of Anatomy occupies most of the part of the ground floor of the college building of the Institute. Major activities are centered around research and teaching. It has all “state of the art” teaching facilities. The department is very enthusiastic in facilitating medical education with a well-equipped dissection hail, a sprawling histology laboratory. The teaching faculty is known for student-friendly methods of teaching. As essential for modern advanced medical teaching institutions, the anatomy department has a progressive museum exhibiting various types of anatomical and embryological specimens.
Apart from imparting medical education to undergraduate student of various medical and paramedical courses the department has been permitted to impart education to post graduate students (MD. Anatomy) Ph.D. and M.Sc. students.
- MD (Anatomy)
- Ph.D (Anatomy)
- M.Sc. (Anatomy)
- General Histology techniques
- General Histochemistry
- Museum techniques
- Comet Assay Lab for DNA studies
Ongoing Research Work
- An Anthropometric study of stature estimation from measurements of Hands & Feet in tribal of Udaipur district of Rajasthan.
- Assessment of fetal gestational age in different trimester from Ultrasonographic measurements of various fetal biometric parameters in the region of Udaipur –A retrospective study.
- Study of D.N.A. damage to health workers exposed to radiation using comet assay.
- To evolve method to prepare formalin free specimens of the soft tissue & organs.
- An Anthropometric measurements of external ear in tribal population of Udaipur district in Rajasthan.
- Morphometric analysis of suprascapular notch and its correlation with suprascapular nerve compression in Udaipur zone.
Research Publications of The StaffDr. L.K. Jain, Prof. & HOD
- L.K.Jain, Pooja Gangrade, Neha Vijay,: New technique for preparation of dry specimen using discarded cadaveric parts. International Journal of Current Research and Review.Vol.04,Issue 18,Sep 2012.
- Pooja Gangrade, Rajeev Yadav and L.K.Jain: Sexing the human skull using mastoid process measurements. Research & Reviews: Journal of medical and health sciences : Jan. 2013, Vol.12 issue 1. 35-39
- Hitesh Babel, Pooja Gangrade and L.K.Jain : Anthropometric study of Craniofacial Parameters of Adult population of Tribal of Mewar Region in Southern Rajasthan, Research & Review :Journal of medical and health sciences : Jan. 2013, Vol.12 issue 1.
- Evaluation of race by Gnathic Index and facial angles of Adult human dried Skulls by Deepak S. Howale, L.K.Jain, Neha Vijay, Savita Choudhary . In. J. Med. Phar. Sci. Sept. 2012/Vol 03 (01).
- Deepak S. Howale ,Ramesh Pradhan, L.K.Jain, and Rosy Lekharu. The calculation of various craniofacial indices in Maharastra Population. Int. J. Of Current Res. Vol. 4,issue 04 .
- Deepak S. Howale, L.K.Jain, Kanaklata Iyer And Rosy Lekharu. Orbital & Nasal indices of Maharashtra region: A direct measurement study using dry Skulls . Int. J. Of Current Research Vol.4,Issue 04.
- L.K.Jain, Hitesh Babel, Neha Vijay, : New Techniques to mount Specimens in the formalin filled Jar for Anatomy Museum with Almost invisible support. I J C R R , Vol.05 issue 12 Jun. 2013. 45-50
- Praveen Ojha, Seema Prakash , L.K.Jain, : Duplication of inferior vena cava and continuation of Left inferior vena cava as azygos vein: A case report. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2013, Vol. Issue 29, July22, Page:5317-5322.
- Savita choudhary, Prabhakaran Kattimuthu, Lalit kumar Jain: Estimation of Torg, s ratio in adult female population of Rajasthan. Asian J Med Res.2013,2(3):69-71 .
- Charu Taneja, L.K.Jain : Stature Estimation from the Anthropometric Measurements of Hands in Tribal Population of Udaipur District by Regression Analysis. International Journal of Health Sciences & Research Vol.4, Issue:11, November 2014. 117-122
- Lalit Kumar Jain, Hitesh Babel : Method of Coloring wet Specimen in Anatomy. International Journal Cur Res. Rev. Vol. 6 Issue 22 November 2014.20-23
- Hina Sharma, K. Prabhakaran, L.K.Jain : Morphometric Analysis of Human Cadaveric Lungs. International Journal Cur Res. Rev. Vol. 6 Issue 22 November 2014.34-36
Dr.Prabhakaran. K , Associate Professor
- Prabhakaran Kattimuthu, Rao K. Ramachandra, Parkash Chand, D Kadambari. DNA Damage in Patients of Carcinoma Breast a Clinical Study by using Comet Assay. JASI.2012; 61(2):149-154
- Dr. Prabhakaran k, Dr. Anil Kumar Bathija, Dr. Vipul Dineshchandra Patel, Dr. Piyush k. Solanki. Enhancing Histology Slide Identification Skills of 1st Year Undergraduate Medical Students. NJIRM. 2012; 3(4): 61-64
- Ankur Patel, Piyush Solanki , Prabhakaran, Dhaval Patel. Profile of Fatal Two Wheeler Accidental Cases In Ahmedabad. NJIRM. 2013; 4(1): 45-48
- Prabhakaran Kattimuthu, Manish Lamoria, Ankur Prahalad Bhai Patel, Rupesh Kumar. Rare duplication of ureters – left showing two divisions and right showing four divisions with anomalous right kidney. IJCRR. 2013; 5(7): 97-101
- Dr. Manish Lamoria, Dr. K Prabhakaran, Dr. Soumi H Chaudhuri, Dr. J M Jadeja. The Relation Of Falciparum Infection With Human Blood Groups. NJIRM. 2013; 4(6): 23-28
- Savitha choudhary, prabhakaran kattimuthu, sushma k kataria, Neha vijay, sanjeev kumar. A Radiographic study of sagittal diameter of cervical spinal canal in adult male population of Rajasthan. Asian J Med Res. 2013; 2(1): 7-9
- Moumita Sengupta, Piyush K Solanki, Urvashi A Mangar, Prabhakaran Kattimuthu, Geeta Singal, Sanjay Chauhan. A clinical and arterial blood gas analysis of 100 chronic obstructive pulmonary disease cases in a general hospital of Ahmedabad Int J Res Med. 2013;2(2);40-43
- Rupesh Kumar, Bharti Koria, Bhagyalaxmi A, prabhakaran kattimuthu. The Prevalence of risk factors for Oropharyngeal Cancers in the migrants of Ahmedabad city- a comparison with the native population. Asian J Med Res. 2013; 2(3): 65-68
- Meghna Bhaumik, Neelam Bapna, Uday Bhaumik, K. Prabhakaran. Study of transverse and sagittal diameters of lumbar pedicles in relation to trans-pedicular screw fixation using mri in rajasthan population. IJCRR. 2013; 5(21): 50-55
- Savita choudhary, Prabhakaran kattimuthu, Lalit kumar Jain. Estimation of Torg’s Ratio in adult female population of Rajasthan. Asian J Med Res. 2013; 2(3): 69-71
- Hina Sharma, K Prabhakaran , L K Jain . Morphometric Analysis of Human Cadaveric Lungs. IJCRR.2014;6(22):34-36
- Jarinabanu T, K Prabhakaran, Effectiveness of computer aided teaching, as compared to traditional board teaching, among medical undergraduates of Udaipur. IJCRR.2015;7(8):53-55
Dr. Hitesh Babel, Associate Professor
- Pooja Gangrade, Kalpana Gupta, Hitesh Babel “Anthropometric Study of the Nasal Parameters of the Adult Mewaris of Southern Rajasthan.” International Journal of Current Research and Review Aug. 2012 Vol. 04/ Issue 15/ 149 -153
- Pooja Gangrade, Hitesh Babel, Ramavtar Saini, Anamika Vyas “Sexing of Skull through the Morphometrics of Hard Palate.” International Journal of Current Research and Review Aug. 2012 Vol. 04/ Issue 16/ 168 -171
- Pooja Rajendra gangrade , Hitesh Babel “Anthropometric Study of the Nasal Index of the Bheel-Meena Tribe of Southern Rajasthan International Journal of Current Research and Review Oct. 2012 Vol. 04/ issue 19/ 88 - 91
- Hitesh Babel, Pooja Gangrade and LK Jain “Anthropometric study of craniofacial parameters of the adult population of Tribals of Mewar region in southern Rajasthan. “Rearch and reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences: January – march, 2013 Vol.2/Issue 1/ 27 -30
- Lalit kumar jain , Hitesh babel , neha vijay :New technique to mount specimen in the formalin filled jar for Anatomy Museum with almost invisible support.”
- International journal of Current Research and Review Jun. 2013 Vol. 05/ Issue 12/ 45 -50
- Lalit Kumar Jain, Hitesh Babel: “METHOD OF COLOURING THE WET SPECIMEN IN ANATOMY” International journal of current research and review Dec. 2014 Vol. 06/ issue 22/ 20 -23
Dr. Meghna Bhaumik, Assistant Professor
- Meghna Bhaumik, Neelam Bapna, Uday Bhaumik, K. Prabhakaran. Study Of Transverse and Sagital Diameters Of Lumbar Pedicles In Relation To Trans-Pedicular Screw Fixation Using MRI In Rajasthan Population . IJCRR. 2013; 5(21): 50-55
Dr. Hina Sharma
- Hina Sharma, K Prabhakaran , L K Jain . Morphometric Analysis of Human Cadaveric Lungs. Accepted for publication In IJCRR 2014, Vol.6(22) 34-35
Charu Taneja, Assistant Professor
- Charu Taneja, L.K. Jain. Stature Estimation from the Anthropometric Measurements of Hands in Tribal Population of Udaipur District by Regression Analysis. IJHSR 2014;4(11):117-122
- Prashant Sharma, S.V. Shah, Charu Taneja, Ashok M. Patel, Mahesh D. Patel A Prospective Study of Prognostic Factors for Recurrence in Early Oral Tongue Cancer J.C.D.R. Year : 2013 | Month : Nov | Volume : 7 | Issue : 11Page : 2559 – 2562
- Pancharia A, Yadav V, Taneja C, Chauhan S, Chauhan R, Gauttam V. A Study Of Correlation Of Bronchial Brushing Cytology With Bronchial Biopsy In Diagnosis Of Lung Cancer. J Pharm Biomed Sci 2014; 04(06):492-496.
- Charu Taneja, L.K. Jain. Predictive Role of Hands in Stature Estimation in Tribal Population of Udaipur in Rajasthan. JFMT;31(2):JUNE-DEC 2014 :15-18
- Histology Lab
- Dissection Hall
- Research Lab