Department of Psychiatry was established in 2008. The department contains OPD, Indoor & Procedures. Department is handling 40 to 45 patients in OPD per day. Department has indoor facilities with a capacity of 15 beds (8 males & 7 females). Average indoor patients are 11 to 12 in nos. per day. The department is being headed by Dr. D.M. Mathur who has a vast experience of several years in the field of Psychiatry.
- MD (Psychiatry)
- Outdoor Patient Facilities
- Indoor Patient Facilities
- ECT & Pharmacotherapy
- Psychotherapies & Other facilities like Narcoanalysis, Aversion etc.
- Referal services are available in Department.
- Frequent outdoor camps are oraganized by GMCH.
Ongoing Research Work
- IPS multicentric study on Psychotropic Prescription pattern in India
- Role of Quantitative CRP & Interleukin-6 (IL-6) in depression